Articles by category:
- Shuttle along to an “in” event If you want to rediscover Aachen, go by shuttle-bus – preferably at night. Hip-Hop and classical, video performances in Baroque settings or theatre pieces beneath a starry sky, events like ...
- Organ sounds and a sea of candles Christmas, 983 AD. A child kneels in Aachen cathedral (Aachener Dom). Does he smell the incense, hear the organ sounds and register the sea of candles?
- Black-and-yellow passion The floodlights go on, a sea of black-and-yellow flags appears and the crowd – with one voice – strikes up the song “You’ll never walk alleng” [sic]. That’s when you ...
- A very unusual residence Some academics get accused of living in ivory towers. Not so in Aachen. Here, the foundations are rock-solid. Literally, too.
- Floodlit table soccer: your home advantage 50 people in your flat, a bowl of fruit punch on the table and the music up full blast. Your first housewarming.
- Scaling professional heights Eleven players on the field, shin guards in place, all wearing football strip. They’re off! A murmur runs through the crowd…
- Fit for the 21st century Aachen, 2015. Students, teaching staff, scientists and entrepreneurs from across the world are learning and researching together on one of Europe’s biggest campus complexes.
- A Christmas wonderland Snowflakes fall from the sky, the smell of roast chestnuts hangs in the air, a huge Printen man stands outside the City Hall, fairy lights and welcome signs abound.