Articles by tag:
- Clothes maketh the man (and woman) “Smart casual” means your tie gets the day off, and “black tie” means dinner jacket plus cummerbund and black bow-tie.
- Conference culminates in carnival Just what happens when a professor gets infected by the bacillus carnivalis virus? Easy. Carnival is held not in January or February, but in the height of summer.
- See, amid the winter’s snow As The Eagles once sang, “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave” – something proven year after year by over 1,000 Aacheners whose lives ...
- Bacillus carnivalis “Jeck” (pronounced “yeck”) is a wonderful adjective beyond translation. If someone in Aachen is “jeck”, it doesn’t imply they’ve taken leave of their senses or aren’t quite all there – ...
- Everything with chips Potatoes, of all things! Despite its Latin name solanum tuberosum, this South American Indian root vegetable hardly prompts thoughts of international cuisine.